US Product Lead
Reinventing Tax Compliance - Hand in hand
A little about who we are
Taxually was founded in 2018 with the aim of helping businesses calculate VAT amounts in 40 countries and automatically submit their VAT returns.
Taxually's mission is to make tax compliance easy so businesses can thrive. We are doing this by seamlessly connecting taxpayers and tax authorities through a simple and intuitive global tax platform. So far on our mission, we have made VAT compliance easier than ever before through end-to-end automation of VAT registrations, data management, filing and workflow.
We are continuing to build the most advanced tax technology platform in the world through a dedicated and mostly remote team. As a result, you'll get to work in one of the hottest tax technology startups in the world right now. The type of person who works here is driven, motivated, empowered and proud.
We don't offer baroque job titles or set up rigid reporting lines. Instead, we build our team through trust, equality and fairness, giving our people autonomy and freedom to achieve their highest potential, and of course making tax compliance easier than ever before.
What we look for
We are looking for a Product Lead in the US to drive the implementation of our product offering. We have built some of the best tax technology that the world has to offer and to raise the bar even further we need creatively minded tax specialists to ensure the quality of our tools and delivery for our clients - that's where you come in.
What you'll be doing
We don't like providing detailed tasks lists but the below might give you a steer on the type of work you can expect:
- Overlook and drive the implementation of US related product offering
- Manage the content research team to effectively collect and set up information related to US jurisdictions
- Interact with developers and product engineering teams to build the right product for the short term (specific customer needs) and long-term (broader US offering)
- Lead and prioritise projects, create execution plans
- Manage the product lifecycle - from identifying value propositions all the way through to managing an established product market fit
What skills will be useful
With the right attitude there is nothing you can't achieve. Nevertheless bringing the following fundamental skills may help you succeed in your role at Taxually:
- Experience in US Sales Tax and technology is a must
- Have a strong product sense
- Have the ability to collaborate cross-functionally to drive outcomes
- Track record of solving problems and building business from scratch is a plus
- Understanding of filing, determination and payments is a plus
- Experienced in identifying, choosing, tracking and managing to product metrics
What you can count on
You'll get to work in one of the hottest tax technology startups in the world right now. You'll receive excellent training and guidance from our team members who believe in what Taxually stands for. The type of person who works here is driven, motivated, empowered and proud.
Don't meet all of the role requirements?
Don't worry! We care about outcomes rather than tickbox criteria, and it's often the case that the perfect person for the role has a CV that looks a little different.
Research (by Harvard University 🤓) shows that women are particularly likely to second-guess themselves and not apply — so if you’re worried you don’t meet all the criteria, get in touch anyhow and let us do the worrying.
At Taxually, we are committed to building a company that includes people from a variety of different backgrounds. We're particularly interested in hearing from people from typically underrepresented groups in the tech industry.
Apply for this job
Or, you could send your Resume and Motivation letter with salary requirement to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are looking forward to meeting you!