System Administrator & Digital Analyst
Reinventing Tax Compliance - Hand in hand
A little about who we are
Taxually was founded in 2018 with the aim of helping businesses calculate VAT amounts in 40 countries and automatically submit their VAT returns. Taxually’s unique end-to-end solution is a market leader in its field, with the company showing unprecedented growth in its short history.
We have built an international company from scratch that, with slick technology and a relentless focus on great client service, would reinvent how companies interact with VAT. Our mission at Taxually is to bring transparency and simplicity to tax processes, while empowering our clients to focus on value adding tasks.
We deeply believe in hiring great people and trusting them to do great work. We build our team through trust, equality and fairness, giving our people autonomy and freedom to achieve their highest potential, and of course making VAT compliance easier than ever before.
From tax specialists to IT developers, we hire overachievers with the entrepreneurial spirit and the can-do attitude necessary for building a business. We are very selective about who we hire. We make sure that we train the smartest, most ambitious and motivated young professionals from different parts of the world.
What we look for
We're looking for a System Administrator & Digital Analyst who will work within our Organisation Engineering team to manage the crucial tools and platforms that are used across our business. You will also be required to document and execute small changes to these platforms so as to ensure they remain fit-for-purpose as we scale. Outside of our core product (the Taxually app), these tools and platforms are what we use to run Taxually as a business and include platforms for: people operations (HR), digital support, marketing, compliance, and financial operations. Domain knowledge of these areas is not expected, rather, we're looking for a smart, organised digital generalist who is confident configuring modern digital tools.
What you'll be doing
Task descriptions can sometimes be very limiting, however we still have to give you a few hints on what you are expected to do at Taxually, so here we go:
- Managing access to, and configuration of, key platforms
- Documenting requirements for and executing changes to platforms (configuration and required features/capabilities)
- Resolving issues with internal platforms and managing user requests from across teams (internationally)
- Managing vendor relationships at an operational level (rather than as a commercial function)
- Procuring, setting-up and managing digital hardware (e.g. employee tech or office equipment)
What skills will be useful
If you have the get-things-done attitude there is nothing you can't achieve. Nevertheless bringing the following fundamental skills may help you succeed in your role at Taxually:
- Experience with the Microsoft Azure suite
- Familiar with G-suite
- Experience with, and an understanding of, web analytics/reporting
- Proven track record of configuring/managing SaaS platforms
- 1-2 years of experience as an analyst or product/project manager in software delivery is an advantage
- Experience researching digital SaaS products (vendor research/management)
- Basic (functional) knowledge of APIs and how platforms integrate and interact with one another
- Experience setting-up and configuring hardware
- Highly organised
- Native Hungarian is a must
- Fluent/Upper-intermediate English
- >Quick learner with an ambitious and results driven personality
- >Ability to understand how platforms work quickly
What you can count on
You'll get to work in one of the hottest tax technology startups in the world right now. You'll receive excellent training and guidance from our team members who believe in what Taxually stands for. The type of person who works here is driven, motivated, empowered and proud.
Don't meet all of the role requirements?
Don't worry! We care about outcomes rather than tickbox criteria, and it's often the case that the perfect person for the role has a CV that looks a little different.
Research (by Harvard University 🤓) shows that women are particularly likely to second-guess themselves and not apply — so if you’re worried you don’t meet all the criteria, get in touch anyhow and let us do the worrying.
At Taxually, we are committed to building a company that includes people from a variety of different backgrounds. We're particularly interested in hearing from people from typically underrepresented groups in the tech industry.
Apply for this job
Or, you could send your Resume and Motivation letter with salary requirement to: email@example.com.
We are looking forward to meeting you!