Product Engineering Lead
Reinventing Tax Compliance - Hand in hand
A little about who we are
Taxually was founded in 2018 with the aim of helping businesses calculate VAT amounts in 40 countries and automatically submit their VAT returns.
Taxually's mission is to make tax compliance easy so businesses can thrive. We are doing this by seamlessly connecting taxpayers and tax authorities through a simple and intuitive global tax platform. So far on our mission, we have made VAT compliance easier than ever before through end-to-end automation of VAT registrations, data management, filing and workflow.
We are continuing to build the most advanced tax technology platform in the world through a dedicated and mostly remote team. As a result, you'll get to work in one of the hottest tax technology startups in the world right now. The type of person who works here is driven, motivated, empowered and proud.
We don't offer baroque job titles or set up rigid reporting lines. Instead, we build our team through trust, equality and fairness, giving our people autonomy and freedom to achieve their highest potential, and of course making tax compliance easier than ever before.
What we look for
We're looking for a Product Engineering Lead to oversee and manage our growing Product Engineering team.
What you'll be doing
We don't like providing detailed tasks lists but the below might give you a steer on the type of work you can expect:
- Leading one or more engineering teams at a time
- Recruiting, hiring and retaining a fast-growing, remote-first engineering team commensurate with a company that has seen >300% YoY growth within the first three years of its existence
- Mentoring engineers of all experience levels and managing your teams' performance to increase the output of the people you lead and others around them
- Guiding and making architectural decisions to enable the building of efficient and reusable services, APIs, and complex web and mobile applications
- Being accountable for your team creating software features that are robust, reliable, and user-friendly for both internal teams and our customer base
- Continuously improving the full software development lifecycle - problem definition, design, development, testing, demoing, and supporting production use of the entire product family
- Supporting live-site operations, on-call engineering, and leading incident response
- Balancing immediate business objectives against long-term architectural vision
What skills will be useful
With the right attitude there is nothing you can't achieve. Nevertheless bringing the following fundamental skills may help you succeed in your role at Taxually:
- Have a strong technical background in software engineering and systems design
- Have experience being responsible for hiring and growing a team
- Have a strong product sense
- Have the ability to collaborate cross-functionally to drive outcomes
- Be very organised — lead and prioritise projects, create execution plans (we don't have PMs)
- Have experience leading on-call rotations and incident response
- Experienced in developing, monitoring, and maintaining web/microservices, REST APIs, and supporting the mobile & web apps that interface with said APIs
- Experience with the MSFT .Net stack, C#, Azure, and Azure DevOps
What you can count on
You'll get to work in one of the hottest tax technology startups in the world right now. You'll receive excellent training and guidance from our team members who believe in what Taxually stands for. The type of person who works here is driven, motivated, empowered and proud.
Don't meet all of the role requirements?
Don't worry! We care about outcomes rather than tickbox criteria, and it's often the case that the perfect person for the role has a CV that looks a little different.
Research (by Harvard University 🤓) shows that women are particularly likely to second-guess themselves and not apply — so if you’re worried you don’t meet all the criteria, get in touch anyhow and let us do the worrying.
At Taxually, we are committed to building a company that includes people from a variety of different backgrounds. We're particularly interested in hearing from people from typically underrepresented groups in the tech industry.
Apply for this job
Or, you could send your Resume and Motivation letter with salary requirement to: email@example.com.
We are looking forward to meeting you!