Product Development Manager
Reinventing Tax Compliance - Hand in hand
A little about who we are
Taxually was founded in 2018 with the aim of helping businesses calculate VAT amounts in 40 countries and automatically submit their VAT returns. Taxually’s unique end-to-end solution is a market leader in its field, with the company showing unprecedented growth in its short history.
We have built an international company from scratch that, with slick technology and a relentless focus on great client service, would reinvent how companies interact with VAT. Our mission at Taxually is to bring transparency and simplicity to tax processes, while empowering our clients to focus on value adding tasks.
We deeply believe in hiring great people and trusting them to do great work. We build our team through trust, equality and fairness, giving our people autonomy and freedom to achieve their highest potential, and of course making VAT compliance easier than ever before.
From tax specialists to IT developers, we hire overachievers with the entrepreneurial spirit and the can-do attitude necessary for building a business. We are very selective about who we hire. We make sure that we train the smartest, most ambitious and motivated young professionals from different parts of the world.
What we look for
We are looking for a Product Development Manager to join our growing Product team. We will make sure that you are not bored at Taxually.
What you'll be doing
We don't like providing detailed tasks lists but the below might give you a steer on the type of work you can expect:
- Help develop positioning and messaging to differentiate products in the market
- Communicate the proposition to Sales (i.e. why customers should buy)
- Help to create and manage campaigns to generate demand for the product
- Help develop the collateral and sales tools that support the selling process
- Be an expert on the market including who the buyers are, how they buy and why
- Translate business strategy into product strategy
- Own the product roadmap
- Execute product strategy
- Drive action throughout the organisation to get products to market
- Plan and carry out product and feature launches
- Manage product-driven revenue targets and commercial success - own the business case
- Provide insight to stakeholders on the product and market
- Write requirements - typically as user stories and epics
- Maintain and prioritise the product backlog
- Track releases
- Participate in Product Engineering standup meetings, planning, reviews and retrospectives
What skills will be useful
With the right attitude there is nothing you can't achieve. Nevertheless bringing the following fundamental skills may help you succeed in your role at Taxually:
- Have experience in a B2B SaaS product role
- Have a strong product sense
- Have the ability to collaborate cross-functionally to drive outcomes
- Be very organised — lead and prioritise projects, create execution plans
- Have experience across the product lifecycle - from identifying value propositions, all the way through to managing an established product market fit.
- Experienced in identifying, choosing, tracking and managing to product metrics
- Experience in VAT or the business domain of tax more broadly is a nice to have
What you can count on
You'll get to work in one of the hottest tax technology startups in the world right now. You'll receive excellent training and guidance from our team members who believe in what Taxually stands for. The type of person who works here is driven, motivated, empowered and proud.
Don't meet all of the role requirements?
Don't worry! We care about outcomes rather than tickbox criteria, and it's often the case that the perfect person for the role has a CV that looks a little different.
Research (by Harvard University 🤓) shows that women are particularly likely to second-guess themselves and not apply — so if you’re worried you don’t meet all the criteria, get in touch anyhow and let us do the worrying.
At Taxually, we are committed to building a company that includes people from a variety of different backgrounds. We're particularly interested in hearing from people from typically underrepresented groups in the tech industry.
Apply for this job
Or, you could send your Resume and Motivation letter with salary requirement to: email@example.com.
We are looking forward to meeting you!