Digital Operations Technical & Team Lead
Reinventing Tax Compliance - Hand in hand
A little about who we are
Taxually was founded in 2018 with the aim of helping businesses calculate VAT amounts in 40 countries and automatically submit their VAT returns.
Taxually's mission is to make tax compliance easy so businesses can thrive. We are doing this by seamlessly connecting taxpayers and tax authorities through a simple and intuitive global tax platform. So far on our mission, we have made VAT compliance easier than ever before through end-to-end automation of VAT registrations, data management, filing and workflow.
We are continuing to build the most advanced tax technology platform in the world through a dedicated and mostly remote team. As a result, you'll get to work in one of the hottest tax technology startups in the world right now. The type of person who works here is driven, motivated, empowered and proud.
We don't offer baroque job titles or set up rigid reporting lines. Instead, we build our team through trust, equality and fairness, giving our people autonomy and freedom to achieve their highest potential, and of course making tax compliance easier than ever before.
What we look for
We're looking for someone to lead and grow our Digital Operations team as we scale. Someone who actively takes accountability for the experience of our customers and who thrives on identifying and resolving the more challenging technical issues within our software and infrastructure.
We're looking for a person who wants to help nurture junior team members, who loves finding ways to make processes more efficient, and who uses data to continuously improve their teams, products, and services.
What you'll be doing
Task descriptions can sometimes be very limiting, however we still have to give you a few hints on what you are expected to do at Taxually, so here we go:
- Managing customer and technical incidents across communications channels
- Triaging, diagnosing, and resolving technical incidents
- Communicating fixes with internal and external teams
- Building, maintaining, and evolving a bespoke monitoring solution or set of monitoring tools
- Contributing to the collective knowledge of Taxually teams and writing run-book entries
- Visualising application and infrastructure data, reporting on operational KPIs, and linking improvements to outcomes
- Analysing data for product improvements and better user experience (through e.g. in-app guides)
What skills will be useful
If you have the get-things-done attitude there is nothing you can't achieve. Nevertheless bringing the following fundamental skills may help you succeed in your role at Taxually:
- Strong knowledge of ITIL
- Extensive experience in operational roles
- Experience building or configuring observability/monitoring solutions
- Deep experience with cloud-based architectures (especially Microsoft Azure)
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines (especially Azure DevOps)
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code tools (especially Terraform)
- Experience managing teams and being accountable for their career development
- Experience developing in, or a strong working knowledge, of C#, .Net
- Experience in, or a strong working knowledge, REST API development and management
- Experience developing in, or a strong working knowledge, a micro service architecture
- Follows best practices (e.g. for versioning) and conversant in modern development methodologies (e.g. TDD, BDD)
- At least 3-5 years experience as an engineer or technical support lead
- Data-driven, outcome-focused
- Fantastic communication skills and highly organised
- Native Hungarian
- Fluent/Upper-intermediate English
- Quick learner with an ambitious and results driven personality
What you can count on
We're expecting (and happy) to work out a package for you that benefits us mutually. These are some of the constants that you can expect from us in that regard:
- A competitive compensation package
- A fully remote-first company (EU time zones preferred). We have people working in Hungary, the UK, Germany, Austria, Romania, China, Argentina and more. We have a physical space in a beautiful central location in Budapest, Hungary.
- Generous programme to outfit your home office. Option for a co-working space stipend in certain cases
- A great company to work at, and an early place in a fast growing, highly profitable scaleup
Don't meet all of the role requirements?
Don't worry! We care about outcomes rather than tickbox criteria, and it's often the case that the perfect person for the role has a CV that looks a little different.
Research (by Harvard University 🤓) shows that women are particularly likely to second-guess themselves and not apply — so if you’re worried you don’t meet all the criteria, get in touch anyhow and let us do the worrying.
At Taxually, we are committed to building a company that includes people from a variety of different backgrounds. We're particularly interested in hearing from people from typically underrepresented groups in the tech industry.
Apply for this job
Or, you could send your Resume and Motivation letter with salary requirement to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are looking forward to meeting you!