Country Tax Manager - Spain
Reinventing Tax Compliance - Hand in hand
A little about who we are
Taxually was founded in 2018 with the aim of helping businesses calculate VAT amounts in 40 countries and automatically submit their VAT returns. Taxually’s unique end-to-end solution is a market leader in its field, with the company showing unprecedented growth in its short history.
We have built an international company from scratch that, with slick technology and a relentless focus on great client service, would reinvent how companies interact with VAT. Our mission at Taxually is to bring transparency and simplicity to tax processes, while empowering our clients to focus on value adding tasks.
We deeply believe in hiring great people and trusting them to do great work. We build our team through trust, equality and fairness, giving our people autonomy and freedom to achieve their highest potential, and of course making VAT compliance easier than ever before.
From tax specialists to IT developers, we hire overachievers with the entrepreneurial spirit and the can-do attitude necessary for building a business. We are very selective about who we hire. We make sure that we train the smartest, most ambitious and motivated young professionals from different parts of the world.
What we look for
We're looking for a Tax manager to join our Tax team from any location in Spain. We've built some of the best tax technology that the world has to offer, to raise the bar even further we need creatively minded tax specialists to ensure the quality of our tools and delivery for our clients - that's where you come in.
What you'll be doing
As a Country Tax Manager, you will be a leading person for both our product and delivery of compliance services in Spain. This will involve multiple activities, including:
- Monitoring tax news in the region and sharing the knowledge with other teams
- Updating and testing tax returns produced by our software
- Collaborating with our Product team on adding new countries and advanced features
- Managing VAT registrations and filing of VAT returns in the region
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with the tax authorities
- Assisting clients with queries and tax audits
What skills will be useful
With the right attitude there is nothing you can't achieve. Nevertheless, bringing the following fundamental skills may help you succeed in your role at Taxually:
- Detailed understanding of VAT rules and compliance processes in Spain, knowledge of VAT in other countries beneficial
- 5 - 7 years of tax advisory or VAT compliance experience
- Previous experience with tax technology or a strong interest in the area
- Fluent English, Spanish and additional languages are a great asset
- Ability to explain complex issues in an easy and understandable manner
- Great attention to detail
What you can count on
You'll get to work in one of the hottest tax technology startups in the world right now. You'll receive excellent training and guidance from our team members who believe in what Taxually stands for. The type of person who works here is driven, motivated, empowered and proud.
Apply for this job
Or, you could send your Resume and Motivation letter with salary requirement to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are looking forward to meeting you!