Back End Product Engineer
Reinventing Tax Compliance - Hand in hand
A little about who we are
Taxually was founded in 2018 with the aim of helping businesses calculate VAT amounts in 40 countries and automatically submit their VAT returns.
Taxually's mission is to make tax compliance easy so businesses can thrive. We are doing this by seamlessly connecting taxpayers and tax authorities through a simple and intuitive global tax platform. So far on our mission, we have made VAT compliance easier than ever before through end-to-end automation of VAT registrations, data management, filing and workflow.
We are continuing to build the most advanced tax technology platform in the world through a dedicated and mostly remote team. As a result, you'll get to work in one of the hottest tax technology startups in the world right now. The type of person who works here is driven, motivated, empowered and proud.
We don't offer baroque job titles or set up rigid reporting lines. Instead, we build our team through trust, equality and fairness, giving our people autonomy and freedom to achieve their highest potential, and of course making tax compliance easier than ever before.
What we look for
We are looking for a Back End Product Engineer to join our growing Product Engineering team. We will make sure that you are not bored at Taxually.
What you'll be doing
We don't like providing detailed tasks lists but the below might give you a steer on the type of work you can expect:
- Working on one of a growing product of software products in a B2B SaaS context
- Designing, developing, deploying and caring for software products with automated tests, good documentation, and qualities that make the most of modern progressive delivery practices and the features of cloud native architectures
- Continuously improving the full software development lifecycle - problem definition, design, development, testing, demoing, and supporting production use of the entire product family
- Supporting live-site operations, on-call engineering, and incident response
- Balancing immediate business objectives against long-term architectural vision
What skills will be useful
With the right attitude there is nothing you can't achieve. Nevertheless bringing the following fundamental skills may help you succeed in your role at Taxually:
- Experience in developing, monitoring, and maintaining web/microservices, REST APIs, and supporting the mobile & web apps that interface with said APIs
- Experience with the MSFT .Net stack, C#, Azure, and Azure DevOps
- A product focus. What you ultimately care about are customer and product outcomes
- Collaborative: you like working with other engineers and domain experts
- Curiosity: you ask “why” a lot, and will never do something “just because”
- You're outspoken about your opinions and proactive about testing the hypotheses they imply
- You're comfortable with ambiguity and things changing on a regular basis. Iteration is a thing you can never have too much of.
What you can count on
We're expecting (and happy) to work out a package for you that benefits us mutually. These are some of the constants that you can expect from us in that regard:
- A competitive compensation package
- A fully remote-first company (EU time zones preferred). We have people working in Hungary, the UK, Germany, Austria, Romania, China, Argentina and more. We have a physical space in a beautiful central location in Budapest, Hungary.
- Generous programme to outfit your home office. Option for a co-working space stipend in certain cases
- A great company to work at, and an early place in a fast growing, highly profitable scaleup
Don't meet all of the role requirements?
Don't worry! We care about outcomes rather than tickbox criteria, and it's often the case that the perfect person for the role has a CV that looks a little different.
Research (by Harvard University 🤓) shows that women are particularly likely to second-guess themselves and not apply — so if you’re worried you don’t meet all the criteria, get in touch anyhow and let us do the worrying.
At Taxually, we are committed to building a company that includes people from a variety of different backgrounds. We're particularly interested in hearing from people from typically underrepresented groups in the tech industry.
Apply for this job
Or, you could send your Resume and Motivation letter with salary requirement to: email@example.com.
We are looking forward to meeting you!